21.2.12

alter eco.
























Once upon a time, a year or so before Nine Lives was born came a little project called 'Alter Eco Creative Projects'. Self initiated, the project documented my strategy to encourage and educate users about sustainable eating. My aim was to create something ephemeral, with nothing left afterward except a memory.

A series of sustainable dinner parties were hosted to bridge the gap between the culinary world and the design world. Traditions of graphic design were combined with various textile elements in an effort to communicate the message of sustainable eating through food concepts and experiences.

The table above was built using reclaimed floor boards from my sisters flood damaged house, combined with table legs found at Reverse Garbage in Marrickville.

You can see my work in detail on my website here, or on the Alter Eco blog here